A FREE Kindle download promotion for the book The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand will be running from 22 to 26 November 2018
I have now worked as a professional translator and interpreter for over 30 years, here in Italy. In fact, ever since I was a child, everyone used to ask me to assist when English-speaking people were around, as my mum is English. Therefore, I found out from a very early age how delightful it felt to help people understand one another. I guess this is one of the reasons I have always been extremely interested in after-death communication and mediumship, as mediums too are trained to help people communicate with one another even though one of the parties involved is in the Spirit World.
From a young age, I have also always had a keen curiosity about life’s great mysteries. I remember I was around nine when I started experiencing intense episodes of déjà vu. I later ascribed these to my fascination with time travel and being able to move instantly in space or between dimensions in order to pursue my dreams. Here is why I believe that, during my teens, I started experiencing sleep paralysis, though it was only in my late 20s that I found out that this phenomenon could lead to astral travel and the possibility of actually ‘visiting’ the Afterlife and checking on departed loved ones.
I was 14 when Dr. Raymond Moody’s groundbreaking book about near-death experiences, Life after Life, was first published and this opened up for me a whole new world I wished to explore. Reading led to further reading and I was able to fuel my fascination with the idea that our lives are not merely the products of chance, but are part of a bigger plan.
The most exciting experience involving my work was acting as an interpreter for professional mediums in the ‘90s, during the Italian Week organised by the Arthur Findlay College in the UK, and other similar events. This gave me the opportunity to witness hundreds of private sittings, dozens of public demonstrations of mediumship, as well as lectures and workshops about how mediumship works. The sittings did not only provide me with moving evidence about the fact that life continues after death and professional mediums can make communication with our loved ones possible, but also offered me the delightful chance of personally contributing to these get-togethers, in my capacity as a translator.
The three most important things I learnt during those years in which I was exposed to constant firsthand evidence provided by professional mediums were:
- Not only does life safely continue after death, but our personality is indestructible. Freed from the limitations of physical existence, those who were close to us in this physical life are even closer to us when they leave this world and their love for us increases in an immeasurable way.
- Whereas professional mediums are specially gifted and trained to offer this evidence on behalf of third parties, everyone is able to safely stay in touch with their loved ones on the so-called ‘other side’ as we are all made of the same essence – spirit – and we are all connected beyond (that is before and after) our entry in three-dimensional space and linear time. Also the departed find it easier to stay in touch with those they love than with people they never knew.
- Firsthand accounts about transition, after-death existence, near-death experiences and death-bed visions hugely expand our chances of connecting with our loved ones: this happens because beliefs and expectations play a key role in determining what is possible for us, as also quantum physics has at last been able to prove.
I felt an urgency to share these powerful understandings, so I wrote The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand. This book focuses on three different approaches to staying in touch – while awake, while falling asleep and while asleep. However, before tackling techniques, it addresses some very straightforward questions and doubts readers may have about what happens at the time of physical death: where we go, what we do, what sort of existence we have and how we relate to our incarnate loved ones. This information is drawn from firsthand accounts mainly coming from three different sources:
- My own personal experiences during meditation, while falling asleep or waking up, lucid or ordinary dreaming and astral travel.
- Mediumistic accounts about transition and life after death.
- Near-death experiences and deathbed visions.
I have found that (especially at times of deep grief, when our whole system can be shocked out of its everyday balance and patience with ourselves is of paramount importance) reading firsthand accounts about the Afterlife can work as a powerful reminder that after-death communication is just as natural as any other form of communication.
The Afterlife: Hereafter and Here at Hand and Looking Beyond the Fishbowl: A New Comforting Perspective on Reincarnation by Giulia Jeary Knap are available from http://amzn.to/2Em3JnS and http://amzn.to/2E4fQmb. Find out more here: http://fracieloeterra.org/en/ and https://amzn.to/2jKO8SW